Executive Council Office

Boards and Committees

Apply to a Yukon government board or committee

There is 1 process to apply to any Yukon government board or committee. Any Yukon resident is eligible to apply.



  1. Complete the application form 131 KB
    (Paper copies available at the Inquiry Desk in the Main Administrative Building in Whitehorse or from any Territorial Agent Office)
  2. Provide a brief resume with information relevant for sitting on the board or committee.
  3. Submit your completed application and resume to:
    • Email: Boards.Committees@gov.yk.ca
    • In person: Yukon government Inquiry Desk (2071 Second Avenue, Whitehorse, Yukon) Attn: Boards and Committee Secretariat (CM-1)
    • Mail: Boards and Committees Secretariat, P.O. Box 2703, CM-1, Whitehorse, Yukon  Y1A 2C6

Member selection

Members are appointed by:

  • a Minister;
  • Cabinet; or 
  • the Legislative Assembly.

School Board and School Council Members are elected or, in some cases, appointed.

Appointments to the following boards are made based on recommendations by a standing committee established under standing order 45 of the Legislative Assembly:

Yukon Development Corporation, Yukon Energy Corporation, Yukon Workers' Compensation Health and Safety Board, Yukon Lottery Commission, Yukon Recreation Advisory Committee, Yukon Arts Advisory Council, Yukon Utilities Board, Yukon Council on the Economy and the Environment; and Yukon Human Rights Commission;

Some boards and committees require members to hold certain professional qualifications or affiliations.


An honorarium is paid to members of some boards and committees in recognition of their service. Honoraria are not intended to replace income that a member could have earned instead of performing the service.

Questions about Yukon government boards and committees?


Email: Boards.Committees@gov.yk.ca
Phone: 867-393-7477
Toll free (in Yukon, NWT and Nunavut): 1-800-661-0408