Northern science databases
Yukon Government Databases and Datasets:
- GeoYukon - This new data discovery application allows users to search, display and download Yukon government's most authoritative and recent spatial data.You can view, query and download the spatial data and its related metadata.
- Road Weather Information System (RWIS) - Both Wildland Fire Management (WFM) and the Transportation Engineering/Maintenance Branches (TEB/TMB) operate a number of weather and traffic stations throughout the Territory. Search this site to view what role each station performs in collecting data: Daily Reports (D), Fire Weather Indices Calculated for Station (I), Forecasts Issued for Station (F), Hourly Reports (H), Meteorological Data (M), Road Thermistor Data (TH), and Traffic Count Data (T).
- Yukon Air Photo Locator (SkyLine) - SkyLine is a map viewer which will allow you to find Yukon aerial photographs for a given location.
- Yukon Archives Descriptive Database - The Archives Descriptive Database is an online guide to the archival holdings at Yukon Archives.
- Yukon Bureau of Statistics -Browse all current statistics, including economic statistics, population, inflation, employment, prices and income, and monthly statistical reviews.
- Yukon Archives Collections Databases -Yukon Archives has a number of databases and other research aids that can be searched online including the Archives Descriptive Database, Archives Images Database, Library Collections Catalogue, and Yukon Archives Genealogy Database.
- Yukon Archives Digital Library - The Yukon Archives Digital Library enhances access to the archives’ library collection by providing open and free access to digitized library titles, with an emphasis on unique Yukon content.
- Yukon Archives Images Database - In 2002, the Yukon Archives began digitizing its photographic holdings. Currently, 3718 image records from 17 collections are mounted on the Archives' Images Database website with subject search capability.
- Yukon Conservation Data Centre -The Yukon Conservation Data Centre makes conservation data publicly available to anyone wishing to acess information on species or ecosystems of conservation concern.
- Yukon Genealogy Database - This database is intended to assist family history researchers to find information about ancestors who may have lived or worked in the Yukon Territory.
- Yukon Labour Market Information - The goal of this website is to increase access to Yukon's labour market information including: reports, studies and evaluations producted by governments and non-government organizations; business trends, job demand forecasts; socio-economic information and more.
- Yukon Minerals Maps and Data - Yukon Mineral Reources Branch provides online access to maps (including Mining and Exploration projects, mineral claims, and mineral potential maps), web mapping applications (including the mining map viewer, Yukon Placer Watershed Atlas), and databases (including the mining claims database and spatial datasets).
- Yukon Environment Geomatics Program Online Map Collection -This online map collection from the Geomatics Program of the Yukon Department of Environment provides access to Yukon Wallmaps (including ecoregions, watersheds and caribou herd ranges), Topographic and Atlas Maps (including game management subzones, registered trapping concessions and outfitting concessions) and General Maps (including lake bathymetry, first nation traditional territories and parks and protected areas).
- Yukon Geological Survey Integrated Data System - The YGSIDS provides access to YGS Publications (geoscience maps, open files, bulletins etc.), other publications (including mining assessment reports and property files) and MINFILE (information about mineral occurences in Yukon).
- Yukon Geological Survey Online MapMaker - This online tool provides information available in a geographic information systems for geoscience data, mineral tenures, First Nations Settlement Lands, map indices, base map features and imagery, and more.
- Yukon Lands Viewer - This online tool provides information available in a Geographic Information System for mineral and land tenure, mining and land uses activities, energy resources, First Nation Traditional Territories and Settlement Land, parks and protected areas, base map and imagery.
- Yukon Mining Viewer -This online tool provides information available in a Geographic Information System for mineral and land tenure, mining and land uses activities, First Nation Traditional Territories and Settlement Land, parks and protected areas, base map and imagery.
- Yukon Oil and Gas Viewer - This online tool provides information available in a Geographic Information System for oil and gas wells, oil and gas rights disposition process, geoscience data, First Nation Traditional Territories and Settlement Land, parks and protected areas, mineral and land tenure, land use activities, base map and imagery.
- Yukon Permafrost Network - The Yukon Permafrost Knowledge Network has been created to facilitate and encourage cooperative relationships between those active in permafrost related work and research activities. Data that has been made available through this network include a permaforst probabiltiy map, active layer monitoring, and more.
- Yukon Placer Atlas - This online tool provides information available in a Geographic Information System for fish and fish habitat, geology and mining, hydrology, resources, mining and land uses activities, mineral claims, First Nation Traditional Territories and Settlement Land and the results of environmental monitoring.
- Yukon Register of Historic Places - The Register is an online resource of Yukon’s historic places that have been designated as historically significant on a municipal, territorial or national level. You can explore Yukon’s history by searching our website for historic places by location on a map, in a list or via name.
- Yukon Renewable Energy Resource Map Viewer - This online tool provides information available in a Geographic Information System for mineral and land tenure, mining and land uses activities, energy resources, First Nation Traditional Territories and Settlement Land, parks and protected areas, base map and imagery.
- Yukon Socio-Economic Web Portal - The Socio-Economic Web Portal is a collection of community-specific information and statistics relating to the social and economic setting of Yukon communities. The information is compiled from a variety of sources, including Statistics Canada, Yukon Bureau of Statistics and Yukon government departments. The portal is maintained and updated regularly by the Yukon Bureau of Statistics.
- YukonWater - Here, you'll find information about Yukon's water resources and how our water is used, managed and monitored, as well as access to the YukonWater data catalogue.
- Yukon Wildlife Key Area GIS Data Packages - These data packages were made available for download by Yukon's Department of Environment.
- Yukon Energy, Mines and Resources Library Catalogue - The Department of Energy, Mines and Resources Library Catalogue may be searched online. Public use of the library is welcome and encouraged, some restrictions may apply depending on the type of material.
- Yukon Energy, Mines and Resources Skyline Viewer - This online tool provides information available in a Geographic Information System for mineral and land tenure, mining and land uses activities, energy, First Nation Traditional Territories and Settlement Land, parks and protected areas, base map and imagery.
Yukon Research Centre:
Yukon government is a key partner and investor in the activities underway at Yukon College's Yukon Research Centre (YRC). Visit the links below for information on YRC research projects and publications along with profiles on YRC researchers. Links to the YRC Data Server and Metadata Catalogue are also provided.
Other Northern Science Databases: