Advisory Committee on Nursing (Yukon)
Department: Health and Social Services
Address: 500 College Drive, Box 2799, Whitehorse, Yukon, Y1A 5K4
Phone: 867-668-8721 | Fax: 867-668-8899
The Committee was created to make recommendations to the Minister, Department of Health and Social Services, on improving nurse human resource planning and management, including nurse retention and recruitment, in the territory.
The mandate of the Committee is to:
- develop a vision for nurse human resource planning in Yukon and advise on the elements that would need to be put in place to make the vision a reality,
- develop a comprehensive strategy to determine the types of nursing human resources required for different practice settings in Yukon based on an analysis of the needs of the population, of the health system as a whole, and the skills and capacities of all types of nurses,
- advise on measures to improve nurse human resource planning and management within Yukon,
- propose a Nursing Education Plan based on the analysis of nursing resource needs,
- identify and support the implementation of retention strategies for nurses that focus on improving the quality of their work lives, and
- examine opportunities to encourage nurses to re-enter the workforce.
Period: October 2001 to present
- 3 members from the Yukon Registered Nurses Association
- 1 member from the Yukon Licensed Practical Nurses Association
- 1 member from the Yukon Hospital Corporation
- 1 member from Yukon College
- 1 member from the Public Service Alliance of Canada
- 1 member from the Professional Institute of the Public Service of Canada
- 1 member from the Council of Yukon First Nations
Ex-officio representatives from the Public Service Commission and Health and Social Services are also appointed to advise the Minister of Health and Social Services.
Appointment process: Ministerial appointment
Requirements: No legislated criteria required to join.
Term: Varied terms.
Meetings: Approximately 4 times a year.
Are there any vacancies? Our vacancies page lists ALL boards and committees looking for members.
Apply: There is 1 process to apply to ALL Yukon government boards and committees.
Current members: There are no members appointed to this advisory committee.